Friday, January 25, 2008

What do you want?

If you have been laid off from LANL or are afraid that you soon will be laid off, what do you want?

Do you need to stay in New Mexico?
Do you need to use the job skills that you have built up?
What is the national demand, obvious or non obvious, for your skills?
Does it appear that you have to stay within DOE labs?
Do you need to make at least 30% of your old salary?
Do you need to keep your children in the same schools?
Do you need good schools nearby?
Do you need affordable shopping within 15 miles?
Do you need mountains to walk in or ski on?
Do you need high quality affordable healthcare?

These are some of the questions that most people need to answer in deciding what to do next.

Moved up from 7 December 2007

2 Comments:

Blogger Ravenfriend said...

I need to use the job skills I've learned in 34 years
I want to stay in LA (mostly b/c I can't sell my house)
I want to work hard--I'm getting bored without anything to do each day
I want to be close to "free-range" places to walk with my dog
I don't want to be unemployed for any length of time b/c I'll lose everything I have (no second income)

What do you have?

3:55 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Get me a current resume and I can answer decently.

Thanks for the feedback.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home