Friday, January 25, 2008

No need to scroll

Yes, I know where there are lots of resources to help employees at LANL, Sandia, and Livermore get through this calamity.

These resources include job hunting and managing resources for a family better.

They also include a network of people - counselors, ministers, accountants, SelfHelp, etc. - who provide value.

Later

Once again I move this to the top.

Per request - My phone number is 505-662-3115. My email is eric.fairfield@gmail.com

I will do my best to help those who have recently voluntarily separated from a national lab (remember I am a former Lab employee and have been through this game myself) or those who would like to leave if there were somewhere good to go.

Moved up from 8 December 2007

6 Comments:

Blogger Ravenfriend said...

Will you share?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Of course.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Here is a little bit of sharing.

1. I have people calling or emailing every day looking for the kind of talent that exists at LANL.

2. I have helped about 50 people over the last year find new jobs here or elsewhere. Fifty is the number of people who were paying attention and for whom I had time not the number who needed to pay attention.

3. I have helped 200 people over the last two years get a handle on their own finances so that their money went farther. I do not sell stocks or bonds or anything that makes a commission for me. I just teach people new skills. In contrast to large national financial firms, I do not have millions of customers who are interchangeable. I just have a few. I care about those few.

4. I have found that many people are scared about their future at LANL and in Los Alamos County. I try to give them facts and skills that will reduce the fear and let them create a viable plan for themselves and their families.

Does this help?

6:57 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

a bit more.

Resumes have to be competitive.

Assume that there are 150 people competing against you and that the reader of your resume has less than 5 minutes to decide to put your resume on the good list or discard it.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Reading your own posts.

Sometimes it is good to read your own posts a while later.

I found an old post that I forgot about. The post was about Power Point presentations.

I have a tested, well regarded presentation on how to get a job after LANL. The presentation is about practical details, not theory.

I can update this presentation if anyone wants to get a group of people together to see it.

Cheers,

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric!
Very informative!
Thank you!
Scooby!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home