Saturday, May 05, 2007

Not posting details

My answer below seems to deserve a slightly longer explanation.

When I started 'Science at LANL' a couple of years ago, I tried making long posts. I got complaints. A blog format, with scrolling on short screens, seems to work best for concise posts and not for long discussions. So I stopped making long posts.

At one point, I divided posts into topic areas so that a topic would be many posts deep in a branching structure. This was not so effective.

For the current topic, appropriate posts would be both long and deep and would be very time consuming for me to prepare professionally. So I have not done this.

Also, for the current topic, much of the really critical material is unpublished in newspapers and other sources and is complex. Much of it should not be published because the publication would hurt my attempts to be of use to colleagues at LANL and LLNL not help these attempts.

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home