Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A job example

I have read and critiqued thousands of resumes. I have written about 100 for myself and others.

The resumes that I have seen recently from LANL folk are detailed, well organized, and not effective.

They are not effective for a number of reasons for a number of reasons. The overall reason is that they do not catch the interest of the person who has 150 resumes to read, time to read only 10, and the need to understand only 5.

The LANL resumes that I have seen recently would make the middle of the pack in a job search but not the top ten.

The people are often top ten but the resumes are not.

Bart and I are now teaching people to fix their resumes so that the people are more competitive in job hunting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home